Author Topic: Gas Engineer Demand?  (Read 2524 times)

Rangemistress

• View Profile
Gas Engineer Demand?
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
Hiya,

I am new here and was wondering if I could kindly borrow your experience please?

I am not trying to advertise in any way here, but just to work out if something is a possibility, so I will have to limit the details so I don't get accused of anything!

I recently had a discussion with a friend about supply and demand of gas engineers at the moment.  The conversation was based around a potential interest in some gas appliance installation/commissioning engineers that would be supplied with their own van and work a 4-day week (no weekend work), but would be required to travel nationally from a Midlands base, with a salary in the region of 36k+.

My question is this: with the pros and cons of being self-employed vs employed, do you think there would be a supply of engineers that would find this package attractive or do people much prefer to work only on a regional basis?

Please note that this is in no-way a vacancy advert and I am not looking to find any candidates, I am simply interested in people's preferences in the industry.

Very grateful for any opinions you have and I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place

Thanks,

Rangemistress

Engineer Forum

Gas Engineer Demand?
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »